Welcome to the Affordability Report – an in-depth annual research initiative produced by the Alliance for Affordable Internet. The report is part of our ongoing efforts to understand why some countries have succeeded in making Internet access more affordable, accessible and universal, and what others can do to catch up quickly.
The 2015-16 Affordability Report, released in February 2016, looks at the policy frameworks in place across 51 developing and emerging countries to determine what is working to expand access to affordable broadband. This year’s report looks particularly at how poverty and income inequality are masking the true state of affordability. What actions must policymakers take to overcome these barriers to access and make affordable, universal access a reality?
- Read the full 2015-16 report online (English | Spanish | Portuguese) or download the PDF version (English | Spanish)
- Explore the data
- View the infographic with key findings
- Download the press release (French, Portuguese, Spanish)
- Read the 2014 report online or download the PDF version
- Read the 2013 report & raw dataset