The Alliance for Affordable Internet (A4AI) has elected its first-ever advisory council. Comprised of 12 members, the Advisory Council is a non-fiduciary body that will perform oversight, strategic direction, and high-level decision making functions for the Alliance, in conjunction with the World Wide Web Foundation, which serves as the Secretariat for A4AI.
The Council is made up of representatives from A4AI’s three constituencies – private sector organisations, public sector/academia bodies and civil society organisations & foundations.
The Advisory Council members are:
• Jennifer Haroon, Principal, Strategy and Operations, Google
• Robert Pepper, VP Global Technology Policy, Cisco
• Peter Pitsch, Associate General Counsel and Executive Director of Communications Policy, Intel
• Barbara Baffer, VP Corporate Affairs and Communications, Ericsson
Public Sector and Academia
• Priya Jaisinghani, Mobile Solutions Director, USAID
• Nicki Goh, Private Sector Advisor, DFID
• Tim Unwin, Secretary General, CTO
• Ann Mei Chang, State Department (non-voting, observer role)
Civil Society Organizations and Foundations
• Ory Okolloh, director of investments, Omidyar Network
• Sascha Meinrath, Vice President and Director, New America Foundation’s Open Technology Institute
• Sophia Huyer, Executive Director, Women in Global Science and Technology (WISAT)
• Robert Cronin, Vice President, IREX
Sonia N. Jorge, Executive Director of A4AI said:
“We would like to congratulate all the new Council members. We are pleased to have them on board and look forward to working with such a highly experienced group of professionals to drive down the cost of internet access in the developing world.”
Comments are closed.